|Seminar||0 C||Dr. Yu Tsao||Mon 1400-1600||N106, IIS|
|Social Networks||3 R||Dr. Yi-Shin Chen||Thurs 0900-1200||N101, IIS & Delta R601, NTHU|
|Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval with Applications in Social Networks||3 R||Dr. Lun-Wei Ku||Thurs 1400-1700||N107, IIS|
|Fall 2018||HCC||SEM||P & S||MSN|
|Fall 2017||P & S||MSN||DM||SEM|
|Fall 2016||P & S||DM||HCC||SEM|
|Fall 2015||P & S||DM||HCC||SEM|
Students need to complete 3 of the 6 core courses and at least 3 elective courses. Since NTHU and NCCU honor the course credits granted by each other, students in this program can take related courses (major courses for master and phd students) from both schools. Before completing 18 credits, students are required to take at least two courses "with" credits every semester.
|1(new)||Social Networks||3 credits|
|2||Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval with Applications in Social Networks||3 credits|
|3||Data Mining in Social Networks||3 credits|
|4||Social Multimedia||3 credits|
|5||Mobile Social Networks||3 credits|
|6||Human-Centered Computing||3 credits|
|8||Project Research||0 credits|
Note : All international students are required to take Chinese Class for one year. This can be waived if you pass the proficiency test.
Course Requirement and Qualifying Examination
Research Advisor Searching
- The student is required to find an advisor and a co-advisor from our core faculty list.
- The student can choose more than one co-advisor. But the primary co-advisor must be one of the core faculty members.
- The student must decide their advisor and co-advisor within the first year. The student should find their advisor/co-advisor and get approved by the end of the third semester. Otherwise, the student shall be dismissed from the program.
- The student cannot change their advisors in the year before the graduation.
- Publish at least one paper in a top journal or two papers in top conferences. The paper needs to be published, or a proof of its acceptance should be submitted.The dissertation will be examined and verified by the TIGP Educational Administration Committee.
- For NTHU students, Internal Oral Defense (IOD) should be taken before your dissertation review by TIGP Educational Adm Committee. IOD can be taken only after passing the Qualifying Examination" for at least 6 months. For more information about NTHU ISA Doctoral Oral Defense, please check here .
- Pass the oral defense. A student must pass the examination of graduation by TIGP Educational Administration Committee before proposing the oral defense. The oral defense committee should include at least five members in related research fields. Among them, at least one third of the members should come from organizations other than NTHU, NCCU, and Academia Sinica.
- When publishing research results conducted during the stay at TIGP, all students should acknowledge the support of TIGP and the affiliated institution(s) by denoting the authorship as follows: Name of TIGP program, affiliated institution of Academia Sinica, (AS address, if applicable)
- An Example:
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing, Taiwan International Graduate program, Institute of Information Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128, Academia Road, Sec. 2, Nankang, Taipei, 115
- Sample 1 Sample 2 Sample 3